Privacy is a huge topic and knowing where to start can be overwhelming. This week Justin Carroll and I sit down to discuss how to overcome analysis paralysis and develop a plan to reclaim your right to privacy.
Understanding the threats to your privacy
The concept of compartmentalization
Defining your privacy priorities and privacy non-negotiables
Managing social media in your privacy strategy
Twelve steps you should take now if you still have no idea where to start
- Social Media Lockdown
- Use a Password Manager
- Use Two-Factor Authentication
- Clean up your digital clutter & perform an account audit
- Use a PO Box or CMRA
- Use a VPN on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android
- Use a more private & secure Internet browser
- Use private & secure email
- Use secure messengers
- Stop giving out your phone number
- Opt-out of people search databases
- Initiate a credit freeze
DEFENSE: Discussed on the show!
1. Why does Justin have concerns about using Authy for desktop?
2. Would it make sense to put my KeePass database on a Ironkey USB, and if so should I use an additional layer of encryption?
The Complete Privacy and Security Desk Reference